AREVA introduces new organization to increase its lead on the nuclear market
GROUP / ORGANIZATION
January 28, 2010
AREVA announces the implementation of a new organization for its nuclear and renewable activities, with the aim of strengthening synergies between the group's professions and enhancing customer satisfaction.
The new operational structure, composed of six Business Groups (Mining, Front End, Reactors & Services, Back End, Renewable Energies and T&D*), will enable AREVA to further its lead by building on its unique integrated model, which has been a resounding success among customers and often imitated by its competitors. The simpler operating mode will notably make it possible to:
- Further align the group's organization with its strategy;
- Better position the group to capitalize on the nuclear renaissance and the development of renewable energies;
- Improve the group's commercial effectiveness by easing the creation of integrated offers required by the market
In addition, the cross-company Engineering and Projects Organization** has been created to cover all nuclear activities, including all our current skills in design, project management, inspection and construction/commissioning. The group is also strengthening its sales and marketing function, to better coordinate its offer for large-scale projects and deploy its business activities worldwide.
Didier Benedetti, a member of the Executive Board, is appointed Executive Officer in charge of process optimization. As such he oversees the simplification of the group's operating modes, the effectiveness of procedures and the pooling of resource
Luc Oursel, a member of the Executive Board, is appointed Executive Officer in charge of nuclear operations. As such he oversees the execution of major projects, the group's industrial excellence and performance improvement plans. He also monitors the Engineering and Projects Organization.Members of the Executive Committee.
The AREVA Executive Committee (EXCOM) determines group objectives and is responsible for the operational management of said objectives. It validates all projects involving a major financial commitment or which have a strong strategic or commercial dimension.
Its members are:
- Anne Lauvergeon, CEO and member of the Executive Board
- Gérald Arbola, Chief Operating Officer and member of the Executive Board
- Didier Benedetti, Executive Officer in charge of process optimization and member of the Executive Board
- Luc Oursel, Executive Officer in charge of nuclear operations and member of the Executive Board
- Sébastien de Montessus, Mining Business Group Senior Executive Vice President
- Michael McMurphy, Front End Business Group Senior Executive Vice Presi-dent (chemistry, enrichment, fuel)
- Philippe Knoche, Reactors & Services Business Group Senior Executive Vice President (equipment, nuclear measurements, new builds, installed base, products and technologies and propulsion and research reactors)
- Denis Hugelmann, Back End Business Group Senior Executive Vice Presi-dent (recycling, logistics, nuclear site value development and clean-up)
- Anil Srivastava, Renewable Energies Business Group Senior Executive Vice President
- Philippe Guillemot, Transmission & Distribution Business Group Senior Ex-ecutive Vice President
- Alain-Pierre Raynaud, Chief Financial Officer
- Philippe Vivien, Senior Executive Vice President, Human Resources
*AREVA's Transmission and Distribution activity is being sold to Alstom/Schneider, and will remain a Business Group until its effective transfer.
** AREVA TA's Defense activity will be subjected to an agreement between the French Ministry of Defense and AREVA, similar to that between EADS and Astrium. The final AREVA TA organization will be decided before the agreement is signed.