Appointments within the AREVA group
GROUP / ORGANIZATION
March 12, 2008
- Ahmed BENNOUR is appointed Senior Executive Vice President of Sector Services. To that extent, Engineering, Consulting and Information Systems, Cleanup and Nuclear Measurement Business Units will report to him.
- Guy BOUSQUET is appointed Executive Vice President, Major Front-End Projects. As such, he manages the project ownership of Enrichment Business Unit and Chemistry Business Unit projects.
- Claude JAOUEN is appointed Senior Executive Vice President of AREVA NP in charge of the Plants Business Unit. He is a member of the Executive Management Team of AREVA NP and a member of the AREVA Nuclear Executive Committee.
- Xavier JACOB is appointed Advisor to the Chairman and CEO of AREVA NP, in charge of the advancement of the OL3 project, and of the negotiations of the EPR in the United States. He is a member of the Executive Management Team of AREVA NP.
- Jean-Pol PONCELET is appointed Senior Vice President of Sustainable Development and Continuous Progress for AREVA. He is a member and the secretary of the AREVA Nuclear Executive Committee and a member of the AREVA Management Committee.
Ahmed BENNOUR, 46, graduated from the Ecole des Mines in Paris, and began his career at Schlumberger as a Field Engineer. He worked in several countries in Latin America and Africa and occupied several management positions up to Region Vice President. In 2001, he joined AREVA's T&D division to create and manage the Service Business Unit. Since 2005, Ahmed Bennour has been appointed Performance Optimization Vice President and member of the Executive Committee, covering 3YP Management, SDCI, EHS, Information Systems and Real State. In 2006, he also took the additional responsibility of Country President France.
Guy BOUSQUET, 55, graduated from the Ecole Centrale de Paris, and in 1975 joined SGN (Engineering's Business Unit). He held a number of positions, first of all in the department charged with designing the facilities for the La Hague plant extension, then in the project management team. He joined COGEMA in 1996, firstly to manage the major investments underway, then as assistant director of the La Hague plant. In 2002, he was appointed President of AREVA Japan. Since January 2007, he has been Senior Vice President, Sustainable Development and Continuous Improvement and secretary of the Nuclear Executive Committee.
Claude JAOUEN, 53, an alumnus of the Ecole Centrale de Paris and a doctor in engineering, joined SGN (Engineering's Business Unit) in 1980. After 10 years in design and development in various areas of the nuclear fuel cycle and two years working on projects abroad, he was appointed head of design and development at the SGN plant in Cherbourg, before being appointed regional director in 1995. In 1997, he moved to the La Hague plant, as Technical Director, then became assistant site director, in 2000.
He was appointed Vice President, Information Systems for the AREVA group, in July 2002. In 2003, he became Executive Vice President of AREVA NP, in charge of the Fuel Business Unit. Since 2006, he has been Executive Vice President responsible for studying and implementing organizational changes to optimize the group's engineering activities, Executive Vice President of the Engineering Business Unit as well as Chairman and CEO of SGN. He also supervises the Consulting and Information Systems Business Unit. Since July 2007, Claude Jaouen has been appointed Deputy Senior Vice President, Plant Business Unit.
Xavier JACOB, 66, is a chemical engineer and holds a U.S. Masters of Science degree. He joined Technip in 1968 where he held several management positions in particular managing far-reaching export industrial projects. He spent several years abroad during the course of this work: Algeria (1969 - 1970), China (1977 - 1979) and the U.S. (1980 -1988). Between 1987 and 1998, he was in charge of managing resources (engineering, procurement, construction, IT). He then took over the coordination of technological development and development of the Management Project function at group level. At the same time, he was a member of the management committee of several joint ventures set up with foreign companies (American, Japanese and Italian) and chaired three subsidiaries (French, Russian and Spanish). He has spent 12 years on the Technip Management Committee. Since March 2006, he is Senior Executive Vice President AREVA NP, Plants Business Unit.
Jean-Pol PONCELET, 57, holds a physics and civil engineering degree from the Louvain Catholic University in Belgium. He began his career researching plutonium fuel at Belgonucléaire in 1974. He was involved in research in renewable energy and the environment in 1979, then advisor to several ministers in the energy sector. From 1991 to 1995, he chaired the Belgian nuclear waste and fissile material agency, ONDRAF, before becoming Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Defense and Minister of Energy in the Belgian government between 1995 and 1999. In particular, he was behind the bills opening up Belgium's electricity and gas markets to competition. Until August 2005, Mr. Poncelet was Director of Strategy and External Relations at the European Space Agency. Since February 2006, he has been Advisor to the Chairman of the Executive Board. He is also Vice President, New Energies Policy, within the International Affairs and Marketing Department.