Appointments within the AREVA group
GROUP / ORGANIZATION
October 23, 2006
- Effective January 1, 2007, Rémy AUTEBERT is appointed President of AREVA Japan. He is a member of the Nuclear EXCOM.
- Effective November 1, 2006, Claude JAOUEN is appointed Executive Vice President responsible for studying and implementing organizational changes in the group's engineering units. He is a member of the Nuclear EXCOM.
- Effective November 1, 2006, Olivier MALLET is appointed Executive Vice President of the Mining, Chemistry and Enrichment Sector. He is a member of the Nuclear EXCOM.
- Effective January 1, 2007, Guy BOUSQUET is appointed Senior Vice President, Sustainable Development and Continuous Improvement and secretary of the Nuclear EXCOM.
- Effective November 1, 2006, Fabienne PEHUET is appointed Vice President, South Africa Global Partnership.
- Effective November 1, 2006, José-Luis CARBONELL is appointed Senior Vice President, Strategic Risks, Contracts and Claims Management Department.
- Effective November 1, 2006, Michael CERRUTI is appointed Vice President, Marketing.
- On October 1, 2006, Frédéric POTELLE was appointed head of financial communications and investor relations.
Rémy AUTEBERT, 53, is an alumnus of HEC. He joined COGEMA in 1976. He held a number of financial positions in several entities before being appointed deputy CFO of COGEMA. In December 1998, he became deputy director of the engineering and industrial services branch. In June 2000, he was appointed Director of the Mining Business Unit. In 2004 he was appointed Executive Vice President of the Mining, Chemistry and Enrichment Sector.
Claude JAOUEN, 52, an alumnus of the Ecole centrale de Paris and a doctor in engineering, joined SGN (the COGEMA group's engineering division) in 1980. After 10 years in design and development in various areas of the nuclear fuel cycle and two years working on projects abroad, he was appointed head of design and development at the SGN plant in Cherboug, then went on to become regional director in 1995. In 1997, he moved to the COGEMA plant at La Hague, as Technical Director, then became assistant site director in 2000. He was appointed Vice President, Information Systems for COGEMA in 2001, and then for the AREVA group in July 2002. Since January 1, 2003, he has been Executive Vice President of the Fuel Sector of FRAMATOME ANP, now known as AREVA NP.
Olivier MALLET, 50, is graduated from IEP Paris and the Ecole Nationale d'Administration and began his career at the General Inspectorate for Finance in 1981. In the years that followed, he occupied a number of positions at the Ministry of Finance and in the cabinet offices of the Prime Minister and the Finance Minister. In 1993 he joined Thomson Multimedia, where, in 1995, he became CFO and member of the Executive Committee, positions he held for six years. In 2001 he moved top Pechiney where he held the same positions. He came to AREVA in 2004 as Executive Vice President of its subsidiary AREVA T&D, before being appointed deputy CFO for the group.
Guy BOUSQUET, 53, is graduated from the Ecole Centrale de Paris, and in 1975 joined SGN, the group's engineering subsidiary. He held a number of positions, first of all in the department charged with designing the facilities for the La Hague plant extension, then in the project management team. He joined COGEMA in 1996, firstly to manage the major investments underway, then as assistant director of the La Hague plant. In 2002, he was appointed President of AREVA Japan.
Fabienne PEHUET, 50, is graduated from IEP Paris and has a Masters in International Affairs. She began her career at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs. After holding a variety of positions in the United States and France, she joined the Finance Department of COGEMA in 1990. She went on to hold a number of positions in the International, Strategy and Audit departments, before being appointed Vice President, Marketing in 2003.
José-Luis CARBONELL, 53, holds an MBA from the IESE Business School. He began his career in the pharmaceutical industry in Switzerland and Portugal. He then went on to hold a number of managerial positions in the banking sector, notably in London, Frankfurt, New York and Madrid. He has been a member of the Executive Board and CFO of EURODIF since 1992 and in 2004, was also Chairman of the Board of ELINI.
Michael CERRUTI, 40, has a degree in economics (Gettysburg - USA) and a MBA from IMD (Lausanne - Switzerland). He began his career in France in 1989, working for a subsidiary of Lafarge, the world leader in building materials. In 1996, he joined the group's Marketing, Research and Development department. In 2001, he became head of e-business for Lafarge's roofing division in Germany, then in 2003 joined the French subsidiary as head of Marketing and Communications and member of the Management Committee.
Frédéric POTELLE , 39, is an ESTACA engineer and gained a Masters in Corporate Finance from the Conservatoire National des Arts & Métiers. He joined the group in 1991 in the Engineering Project Development department, then went on to hold a number of positions. After 11 years working in operational departments, he joined the Investor Relations team in 2002 where he helped to set up the financial communications function.