Departure Information for MOX Nuclear Fuel Shipment from Europe to Japan
NUCLEAR POWER / BACK-END
March 06, 2009
Following our press release of 28 January 2009, we are now in a position to communicate the following information about the shipment of Mixed Oxide (MOX) nuclear fuel to Japan that departed from France on March, 5, 2009.
- The shipment departed from the port of Cherbourg
- The purpose-built ships used are the Pacific Pintail and the Pacific Heron
- The shipment consists of MOX nuclear fuel contained in transport casks
- The shipment will take a route to Japan around Cape of Good Hope / south west Pacific Ocean.
- The shipment is scheduled to arrive in Japanese territorial waters in the second half of May
This statement is being released simultaneously in Japan, France and the UK by utility companies, AREVA NC and INS respectively.