1) Definition of cookies
A cookie is a text file that can be recorded by your browser in a dedicated area of a hard drive of your computer when an online service is consulted.
It is sent by the server of a website to your browser. An anonymous identifier is assigned to each cookie. A physical person cannot be identified with a cookie.
When you consult the “areva.com” site, we may install different cookies, subject to your acceptance:
- session cookies, which disappear when you leave the site;
- persistent cookies, which remain on your terminal until they expire or until you delete them using your browser’s functionalities;
- statistical cookies, which measure the audience of our website.
Only the cookie’s issuer can read or change information contained in them.
2) Acceptance of cookies
In application of the recommendations of the CNIL, upon your first connection to the “areva.com” site, you will be expressly asked to accept the site's cookies.
The period of validity for this consent is a maximum of 13 months.
However, we hereby inform you that you may reject the recording of cookies by following the operating procedure hereunder:
- On Internet Explorer:
1. Go to Tools > Internet Options.
2. Click on the Confidentiality tab.
3. Click on the Advanced button, check the box “Ignore the automatic management of cookies”.
- On Firefox:
1. At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools for Windows XP menu), then select Options.
2. Select the Privacy panel.
3. Set Rules for keeping: to Use personalized parameters for history.
4. Uncheck Accept cookies (normally checked by default).
However, please note that if you uninstall a cookie or if you reject the installation of cookies on your computer, you may be excluded from using certain functionalities, pages or areas of the website, for which we shall not be held liable.