Maintaining highest level plant performance
AREVA provides its clients with customized and global services to improve their facilities. This offer covers the entire process: engineering, the implementation of on site modifications and completion of qualification tests.
Clients may be obliged to make functional modifications to their facilities:
- Upgrade in terms of safety regulations
- Increase in the reactor's power
- Improved availability of their nuclear power unit
In most cases, these developments are accompanied by modifications to systems and auxiliary components: instrumentation and control, sensors etc.
AREVA performs the engineering for and implementation of these modifications. Its teams design and lead the resulting qualification tests.
Replacing a component
Clients may also need to replace an obsolete auxiliary component that is no longer manufactured by the original vendor.
With our component engineering expertise and the support of a network of service providers, we provide solutions to this type of request.
A one-stop partner
- Customized solutions covering the entire improvement process: our services range from engineering through improvements to the implementation of on site modifications. We take into account the conditions for shutting down the nuclear power unit and any intervention constraints (personnel safety and security).
- The possibility of improving site availability: we provide solutions enabling a reduction in the level of power plant downtime (reduction in the duration of periods of non-production, looking at areas of vulnerability etc.).
- The possibility of extending the service life of the facility by extending that of its components, with our components engineering services.