EnergyBusiness has evolved from print to electronic: it is now AREVA’s international business eNewsletter.
It offers a monthly overview on nuclear and renewable power generation news from the unique perspective of the world’s largest supplier to both.
In the 25th issue, you will find the following topics:
- Contract for Kozloduy 5 & 6 VVER nuclear reactors
- First electricity generation with MOX fuel in the Netherlands
- Completion of the installation of the German Trianel wind farm Borkum
- Additional modernization services to Gösgen facility
- New hydraulic press at AREVA Le Creusot Forge
- Delivery of a biomass plant in Thaïland
Read previous issues of the EnergyBusiness eNewsletter
EnergyBusiness Issue #24 - April / May 2014
In the 24rd issue, you will find the following topics:
- Approval of the OL3 I&C system
- Success in the French offshore wind tender
- Different customer wins: extension of the outage contract with PSEG, fuel contract with Vattenfall, replacement of six stators for KHNP, selection for the construction of a waste treatment facility at Sellafield
- Innovative technology for reactor inspection
- Joint venture with ATOX in Japan
EnergyBusiness Issue #23 - March 2014
In the 23rd issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Agreements signed with our Chinese partner CNNC
- · Agreement with Schneider Electric to develop offshore wind in France
- · Agreement with Novinium for cable rejuvenation services to the nuclear industry
- · Start of uranium production at Cigar Lake
- · Nuclear learning Tour: Next session planned in September
EnergyBusiness Issue #22 - February 2014
In the 22nd issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Delivery of a biomass plant to Eneco
- · 50% completion of the Trianel wind park
- · AREVA TN contracts in the U.S.
- · Partnership with Schneider Electric on energy storage
- · Launch of AREVA India website
- · Initiative for a Mining Innovation Center Project
EnergyBusiness Issue #21 - December 2013 / January 2014
In the 21st issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Reactor vessel brought into reactor building at Flamanville 3
- · Significant nuclear fuel contract with Dominion
- · Major milestone in concentrated solar power project in India
- · Signature of agreements with universities and companies in Saudi Arabia
- · Series of agreements signed with Chinese partners
- · Support services agreement with Waste Control Specialists, LLC
- · Suppliers Excellence Silver Program launched in Saudi Arabia
- · Decommissioning world first for robot Charli
- · Innovation seminar in China
- · AREVA-Gamesa joint venture in the field of offshore wind power
EnergyBusiness Issue #20 - November, 2013
In the 20th issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Major contracts: contract for the completion of the Angra 3 reactor in Brazil, production of the first MOX fuel for the Netherlands launched, services contract for EDF nuclear fleet and contract for Dry Fuel Storage Canisters in the U.S.
- · Renewable business activities: offers submitted for the second French offshore wind tender, AREVA and KEPCO cooperation agreement in the renewable energy sector, APAVE certification of AREVA’s electrolyzer
- · EPR Design Passes Aircraft Impact Assessment with No Violations in the U.S.
- · Visit of a delegation of Saudi industry representatives to France
- · Joint venture to develop mining activities in Mongolia
EnergyBusiness Issue #19 - October, 2013
In the 19th issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Structure of the partnership for Hinkley Point C project
- · Major milestones on our EPR projects: completion of the reactor pressure vessel head at OL3 and delivery of the reactor vessel at FA3
- · Renewables: Biomass contract in the Philippines and agreements for offshore wind power in France
- · Contracts: dry cask storage in the U.S and MYRRHA project in Belgium
- · New Supplier Day in Saudi Arabia
- · Responsible Development Report on AREVA's mining activities
EnergyBusiness Issue #18 - September, 2013
In the 18th issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Major contracts with German utilities to supply nuclear storage casks
- · Installation of first AREVA wind turbines at Borkum West and Global Tech 1 wind parks
- · Public fundings for an AREVA innovative manufacturing technology
- · Contract for biomass co-generation plant in France
EnergyBusiness Issue #17 - July/August, 2013
In the 17th issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Services contract with the American utility PSEG Nuclear,
- · Completion of the first major component decontamination in France at Chooz A Nuclear Power Plant,
- · Fuel Contract for the Gösgen Nuclear Power Plant (Switzerland),
- · AREVA and EDF collaboration on New Build projects: agreement with the National Institute of Technology in Saudi Arabia and common Supplier Day in Poland.
EnergyBusiness Issue #16 - June, 2013
In the sixteenth issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Signature of series of strategic agreements with Japanese partners,
- · Contract to supply fuel elements to the research reactor at the Technical University of Munich,
- · AREVA Technology for Filtered Containment Venting Systems will equip GE-Hitachi Nuclear Power Plants in Japan,
- · Introduction of a new Solution for Safe, Economic Irradiated Waste Handling and Processing.
EnergyBusiness Issue #15 - May, 2013
In the fifteenth issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Multi-million dollar Uranium concentrate contract in the U.S.,
- · Successful delivery of steam generators to Prairie Island nuclear plant,
- · Signature of a Memorandum of Understanding with 20 Key Finnish Suppliers,
- · AREVA Technology Recognized at NEI’s Top Industry Practice Awards.
EnergyBusiness Issue #14 - April, 2013
In the fourteenth issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Strategic agreements with China,
- · Alliance with PEICO for Emergency Regional Response Centers in the U.S.,
- · Inauguration of Georges Besse II North plant,
- · Fuel contract for research reactors in Jordan,
- · Energy Days in France: virtual tour web application.
EnergyBusiness Issue #13 - March, 2013
In the thirteenth issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Production of the first fuel assemblies for the Taishan EPR™ project,
- · NRC approval for the new ARCADIA® software,
- · Delivery of the first dry storage casks for spent fuels at Fukushima Daiichi,
- · First suppliers Day organized jointly with EDF in Riyadh,
- · Feedback on the 3N2013 Symposium at Lyon,
- · The Nuclear Learning Tour: June session registration.
EnergyBusiness Issue #12 - February, 2013
In the twelfth issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Major milestones of the EPR™ construction in China,
- · AREVA Uranium production record in 2012,
- · Installation of M5000-135 prototypes in Germany.
EnergyBusiness Issue #11 - January, 2013
In the eleventh issue, you will find the following topics:
- · EPR™ certification in the UK,
- · M5000 wind turbine selected by Iberdrola for the Wikinger project,
- · Georges Besse II ramp up on schedule,
- · Supply of Emergency Diesel Generator for Tianwan units 3&4.
EnergyBusiness Issue #10 - November, 2012
In the tenth issue, you will find the following topics:
- · AREVA second Nuclear Executive Meeting,
- · Offshore Wind in Scotland,
- · First installation of NDE testing equipment for steel in industry in the U.S.,
- · First customer Innovation Seminar in China.
EnergyBusiness Issue #9 - October, 2012
In the ninth issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Major contracts with EDF for natural uranium supply,
- · Safety Alliance Program: Delivery of Passive Autocatalytic Recombiners for Japanese reactors,
- · Reinforcement of AREVA and EDF collaboration in Poland,
- · Inauguration of new jack up vessel INNOVATION to install M5000 turbines.
EnergyBusiness Issue #8 - September, 2012
In the eighth issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Successful dome lifting at Taishan unit 2 EPR™ project,
- · Safety Alliance Seminar on Nuclear Economics,
- · New installation method for offshore wind blade,
- · Grand opening of the U.S. Technical Center.
EnergyBusiness Issue #7 - August, 2012
In the seventh issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Enriched Uranium contract with ENEC,
- · Successful filling of the plant unit’s cooling water pumping station at OL3,
- · Second installation of digital I&C in the U.S.,
- · German Minister’s visit at AREVA Wind in Bremerhaven.
EnergyBusiness Issue #6 - July, 2012
In the sixth issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Fuel contracts in Germany,
- · New Build: Temelin 3&4 offer submission and ATMEA1 pre-qualification in Argentina,
- · NRC approval of new simulation validation test for digital I&C,
- · Major acquisition in biomass.
EnergyBusiness Issue #5 - June, 2012
In the fifth issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Safety Alliance Seminar on Public Confidence,
- · Reactor Pressure Vessel Installation at the Taishan 1 EPR™ project,
- · Series of awards for AREVA in both nuclear and renewable businesses.
EnergyBusiness Issue #4 - May, 2012
In the fourth issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Innovative solutions for nuclear fleet safety and outage performance,
- · New Build projects with the ATMEA1 reactor,
- · Development partnership for solar energy.
EnergyBusiness Issue #3 - April, 2012
In the third issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Asia’s largest concentrated solar power plant in India,
- · New Build projects with OL3, FA3 and TSN1 latest news,
- · Fuel major agreement with EDF.
EnergyBusiness Issue #2 - March, 2012
In the second issue, you will find the following topics:
- · Offshore wind in Germany and bioenergies in Thaïland,
- · New Build projects with Hinkley Point in UK and OL3 in Finland
- · Safety Alliance Program: Position Paper signed by Philippe Knoche
- · Nuclear Learning Tour, AREVA training offer for customers.
EnergyBusiness Issue #1 - February, 2012
In this very first issue of the EnergyBusiness eNewsletter, you will find the following headlines:
- · Edito by Ruben Lazo, AREVA Chief Commercial Officer
- · AREVA's Experts' Analysis on Prevention of Environmental Damage in Case of Severe Accident
- · Fuel Supply Solutions: AREVA and EDF Strengthen their Long-Term Partnership for Natural Uranium
- · Czech Republic: TS Plzen and AREVA Sign a Contract for Strategic Equipment Supply
- · Reactor Pressure Vessel for Taishan Unit 1 has been delivered
- · Global Tech I offshore project, powered with AREVA M5000 turbines is “Wind Deal of the Year”
Read previous issues of the EnergyBusiness magazine
EnergyBusiness n°11 - Quarter 1, 2011
The latest issue of EnergyBusiness, AREVA’s quarterly international business magazine, has been published. In this 11th issue, learn more on North American Clean Energy Parks initiative that is a key element to meet energy challenges in this region of the world.
You will also find a special report on the successful alliance with Vattenfall at Ringhals Unit 1 to install the new reactor protection system (RPS).
Also in this issue:
- · a coverage on cold crucible
- · a report on fuel reliability, a key success factor to reactors’ operational performance, and
- · an article on Georges Besse II, AREVA’s new enrichment facility that will contribute to customers’ fuel security of supply.
EnergyBusiness n°10 - Quarter 2, 2010
In this 10th issue, read a complete coverage on China, in which Marc Andolenko, President of AREVA China, reviews the energy challenges faced by this fast growing country, as well as projects under construction and the long-term partnership, we have forged for more than 20 years with our local customer.
You will also find a special report on the successful Extended Power Uprate (EPU) at Crystal River, Unit 3, with an exclusive interview of a Progress Energy representative, who gives us the main reasons for this success.
Also in this issue:
- · an article on digital I&C systems,
- · a detailed analysis of the survey, conducted in 7 countries by AREVA, in collaboration with TNS Sofres, on perceptions about used nuclear fuel.
EnergyBusiness n°9 - Quarter 1, 2010
In this 9th issue, read a complete coverage on Japan with:
- a regional focus, in which Remy Autebert, President of AREVA Japan, presents the nuclear policy in Japan, as well as the historic partnership AREVA has nurtured over the last 40 years in this country.
- a special interview with M. Masuhiro Nakano, General Manager, MOX Fuel Quality Management Group of the Nuclear Power Operation Department at Kyushu Electric Power Company, who gives us his feedback on the 20 years’ partnership between our companies, following KYUSHU’s first successful electricity production from MOX fuel.
You will also find a special report on AREVA’s fuel strategy. In this article, Louis-François Durret, Executive Vice President Fuel, explains that AREVA has achieved its rank of global leader in designing, manufacturing and supply of nuclear fuel, especially by working continuously with our customers on fuel performance.
Also in this issue:
- · an article on EXCENT, an innovative offering, which helps our customers to improve the operational performance of their installed plants,
- · an article on AREVA’s Human Resources strategy, in order to meet major utilities’ growing needs in a context of nuclear renaissance, and
- · a presentation of our corporate patronage policy and activities of the AREVA Foundation.
EnergyBusiness n°8 - Quarter 4, 2009
In this 8th issue, read a special report on the Renewable Energies Business Unit, in which Anil Srivastava, AREVA Renewable CEO, is presenting the portfolio of his activities, as well as his strategy to meet future challenges.
You will also find a regional focus on the U.S., where the AREVA Newport News groundbreaking ceremony took place, paving the way for AREVA’s global Nuclear Renaissance Strategy.
On Copenhagen’s International Conference, you can read complete coverage on climate change and AREVA’s solutions for CO2-free power generation.
Also in this issue:
- · an article on the full MOX core EPR™ reactor,
- · an article on our new conversion facility project, COMURHEX II project.
EnergyBusiness n°7 - Quarter 2, 2009
In this 7th issue, read a special report on Security of Supply, or how, in a context of Nuclear Renaissance, AREVA considers security of supply as a top priority at every stage of the nuclear cycle.
You will be able to find out more on our customer satisfaction approach, and how it is perceived by our clients, through Jim Morris, Site Vice President for Duke Energy's Catawba Nuclear Station USA, and Jean Van Vyve, Chief Nuclear Officer for Electrabel, GDF-Suez group testimonials.
To be read as well in this issue:
- · a regional focus on the UK,
- · an article on SmartGrids, highlighting AREVA T&D's innovations in this particular field.
EnergyBusiness n°6 - Issue Quarter 1, 2009
In this 6th issue, read a special report on AREVA T&D in India, with the interview of Rathin Basu, Country President - AREVA T&D India, explaining the company’s strategy in that country, where the electricity demand is growing fast and distribution grids should be modernized.
You will also be able to find out more on AREVA ‘s localization strategy, that is aiming to help “partner-countries” benefit from its long-term industrial know-how.
To be read as well in this issue:
- · a focus on the new reactors licensing process,
- · an article on the group’s mining activities.
EnergyBusiness n° 1 to 5
In accordance with the French law of January 6, 1978 relating to data protection, amended by the French law of August 6, 2004, AREVA may add to, modify, or delete an y incomplete, inexact, or outdated personal data that relates to the functioning of the EnergyBusiness eNewsletter, either through its own initiative or by request of the user in question.
In addition, the EnergyBusiness eNewsletter has been registered on the list of sites that process personal data kept by the AREVA group Computing and Liberties Correspondent to the CNIL (Hélène LEGRAS), in accordance with the French law number 2004-801 of August 6, 2004, which amended French law number 78-17 of January 6, 1978 relating to data protection.
In accordance with the measures set by the aforementioned French laws of January 6, 1978 and August 6, 2004, users are thus informed of their right to access, modify, or delete personal data that concerns them. These rights may be exercised by sending an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org