Extraordinary General Shareholder’s Meeting of AREVA – November 3, 2016
The Extraordinary General Shareholders’ Meeting of AREVA will be held on Thursday, November 3, 2016 at 11.00 a.m. at Grand Auditorium de la Tour AREVA, 1 Place Jean Millier 92400 Courbevoie.
The Shareholders’ Meeting is an ideal opportunity to obtain information and exchange views. It is also an opportunity for you, the shareholders, to take an active part, via your vote, in key decisions affecting your Group, regardless of the number of shares you hold. All shareholders have the right to attend the annual general meeting. The right to participate in the Shareholders’ Meeting is subject to the accounting registration of the shares by the second business day preceding the Shareholders’ Meeting, i.e. November 1st, 2016 at 00:00 (Paris time), either in the registered security accounts kept by the company or its representative, or in the bearer security accounts kept by the custodian of their shares.
Vigipirate Attack Alert: As part of the intensified Vigipirate plan, you must be able to prove your identity to the security department on the day of the General Meeting. It is imperative that you have a form of identification and your admission card, if you have requested it.
How to attend the Shareholders’ Meeting
To participate in the meeting, the shareholders may decide between the following options:
a) attend the Shareholders’ Meeting in person by requesting an admission card;
b) participate remotely by giving a proxy to the Chairman or any other natural or legal person of his or her choice; or
c) return the mail-in ballot
1. Shareholders wishing to attend the Shareholders’ Meeting in person:
The shareholders wishing to attend the Shareholders’ Meeting in person may request an admission card in the following conditions:
- registered shareholders automatically receive a convening notice which notably includes a voting proxy form. He or she must complete such voting proxy form, stating that he or she wishes to attend the Shareholders’ Meeting and receive an admission card, and then return the voting proxy form signed, using the prepaid envelope attached. The shareholder may go directly to the desk set up for this purpose on the day of the Shareholders’ Meeting, with proof of identity;
- bearer shareholders must request an admission card from the authorized intermediary who manages his or her securities account.
2. Shareholders unable to attend the Shareholders’ Meeting in person:
A shareholder unable to attend the Shareholders’ Meeting may cast his vote by correspondence, by sending a proxy form to the Chairman of the Shareholders’ Meeting, or by being represented at the Shareholders’ Meeting by any legal or natural person of his/her choice in the conditions set forth by applicable laws and regulations:
2.1 Voting by using the voting proxy form
- registered shareholders must send the completed voting form attached to the convening notice using the prepaid envelope attached;
- bearer shareholders must request the voting form from the authorized intermediary who manages his or her securities account. Such request must be received by the authorized intermediary six days before the date of the Shareholders’ Meeting at the latest. The completed form, together with the certificate of participation issued by the authorized intermediary must be sent to the following address: Société Générale - Service des Assemblées - CS 30812, 44308 Nantes Cedex 3.
In order to be valid, the voting forms must be received by Société Générale - Service des Assemblées three days before the Shareholders’ Meeting at the latest, i.e. October 31st, 2016.
There will be no provision for voting by means of telecommunication at this Shareholders’ Meeting and therefore no website as provided by article R. 225-61 of the French Commercial Code will be created to this end.
2.2 Appointment/dismissal of a proxy
The shareholder having elected to be represented by the proxy of his/her choice may notify such appointment or dismiss the proxy in the following conditions:
- by regular mail sent either directly as regards the registered shareholders, or by the authorized intermediary as regards the bearer shareholders, to Société Générale - Service des Assemblées - CS 30812, 44308 Nantes Cedex 3, or
- by email, in accordance with article R. 225-79 of the French Commercial Code, to the following address: email@example.com, bearing an electronic signature obtained from a trusted third-party certifier in accordance with applicable laws and regulations and stating the names, first names and addresses of the shareholder and the proxy. For the bearer shareholders, the notification must be sent together with the certificate of participation issued by the authorized intermediary.
In order for the notifications of appointment or dismissal of proxies sent by electronic media to be valid, confirmations for the appointment or dismissal must be received by Société Générale - Service des Assemblées the day before the Shareholders’ Meeting at the latest at 11:00 am, Paris time. The notifications sent by registered mail only must be received at the latest three days before the Shareholders’ Meeting, i.e. October 31st, 2016.