Our commitments: Activities in favor of diversity
AREVA’s commitment to diversity may be seen in concrete facts and actions. A few examples, chosen from many:
1. Human Resources
- The number of women hired doubled from 2004 to 2010.
- In 2010, 87 disabled workers were officially recognized as such and 64 interns and work/study participants with disabilities were hired.
- In 2010, an action plan for seniors led to 200 career reviews.
- A special budget was set up for equal pay.
2. Raising awareness
- Every year, a European Gender Balance Day and a European Disabilities Day are held.
- Every week, information sheets are shared with employees on the topic of diversity.
- All new hires receive information on the group’s diversity policy.
- AREVA takes part in conferences on diversity given by Halde (the French anti-discrimination and equality board), the senior employment convention, etc.
- The MELOX site attended the “Improbable Encounters” meeting and was able to recruit recent graduates from diverse social, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- The Équeurdreville site helped organize the Sign Language Workshops meeting with the Association of the Deaf of Cherbourg.
- Through partnerships with the employment agencies Adecco, Adia and Cap Emploi, positions are being found for interns, work/study participants, temporary workers and fixed-term workers with disabilities.
- AREVA engineers are mentoring girls from disadvantaged neighborhoods attending the Institut National des Sciences Appliquées (INSA).