Our commitments : The fundamentals
Dialogue is anchored in the group’s values and underlies AREVA’s commitments to diversity and to the personal, professional and social fulfillment of its employees.
1. AREVA listens to its employees
To translate its sustainable development policy into action, AREVA has made 10 commitments through the AREVA Way system. Commitment to employees is one of them. The group is determined to:
- be an attentive and responsible employer,
- promote its employees’ personal development, and
- improve their work conditions.
2. AREVA invests in social dialogue
Social dialogue is a strong tradition at AREVA; the group signs an average of one agreement per week with employee representatives.
AREVA innovates: in 2006, the group signed a European agreement on equal opportunities. This is the first in a series of agreements on diversity, which include:
- the disabilities agreement for France in 2007,
- the agreement on equal opportunities in 2009,
- renewal of the triennial agreement on the employment of persons with disabilities in 2010.
3. AREVA supports the personal development of all employees
So that each person can take charge of his or her career, 5% of payroll, equivalent to 30 hours of training per employee per year, is devoted to training.
- Employee benefits and services
A broad range of benefits and services are provided to employees so that each may pursue their personal interests: sports centers, subsidized vacation checks and domestic services, funding of sports events and cultural activities, a company savings plan, etc.
- Balancing work and home life
To help parents balance work with family, AREVA offers 12 company child care centers and personalized support during child-related leave for maternity, adoption or parenthood.
Three AREVA employees working with Planète Urgence
Elodie in Indonesia, and Hugues and Faouzi in Niger, took part in humanitarian activities through AREVA. For these three employees of the group, the experience proved to be positive well beyond their expectations. Their stories tell of the enriching experience they enjoyed.
Les Musicoliers (France): supporting sick children
Since 2005, in partnership with AREVA, the organization Les Musicoliers has been introducing sick children in the Necker hospital in Paris to music. An afternoon alongside Pierre, artist, whose artistic mediation benefits even the smallest children, as well as their parents and the care teams.